About “confidence” I am reading on the last page of the book Stonewalled by Sharyl Attkisson.
Confidence in the news media is mentioned. Confidence in TV news is mentioned. Confidence in the Internet is mentioned.
Everybody agrees on the following says a Gallup poll (June 2014):
Confidence in the news media is lower than ever. Confidence in TV news is lower than the confidence in the Internet. That means that there is more confidence in the Internet than in the TV news.
The author of Stonewalled says also that we must do our own research, that we must consult those we trust, that we must make up our own mind and that we must think for ourselves.
I have confidence and trust in the Bible. Why? The answer is that the Bible IS the Word of God (it does not contain the Word of God) and that it says in Matthew 24:35:
“HEAVEN AND EARTH WILL PASS AWAY, BUT MY WORDS WILL NEVER PASS AWAY.”
STONEWALLED by Sharyl Attkisson is the book I am reading just now.
“Fact is stranger than fiction.”
At the beach
“Don’t underestimate how much a kind word can help,” is “The Thought For This Week” in the magazine called The People’s Friend, January 14, 2012.
1. KIND WORDS helped the brother’s of Joseph. Joseph spoke kind words. You read that in Genesis 50:21, the first book of the Bible.
2. KIND WORDS helped those who stumbled. Job spoke kind words to people. Please read Job 4:4.
3. KIND WORDS help to turn away wrath. The Bible teaches that in Proverbs 15:1.
4. KIND WORDS help to break a bone. Please read that in the Old Testament in Proverbs 25:15.
5. KIND WORDS help to instruct us. That is said about The Wife of Noble Character in Proverbs 31:26
6. KIND WORDS help not only to instruct us , but they help also to sustain the weary. The Sovereign LORD has given the prophet Isaiah an instructed tongue and the word that sustains the weary. Read Isaiah 50:4
7. KIND WORDS helped King Johoiachin. Evil – Merodach , the King of Babylon, spoke kind words. You find those kind words in Jeremiah 52:32.
Kind Words can help you too.
“You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him,” is on the list of church signs someone sent me a long time ago.
I was reminded of that this morning, but I would not say that I was all that discouraged.
Today I am reading about a Maori lady in our local paper, The Northern News, Tuesday, June 2, 2015, who refuses to give in. She is also not listening to people who say that things are impossible to do and she is not giving up!
She was named a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit in the Queens Birthday honors in recognition of her work for others.
Success & Failure
“If you have success, give the glory to God. But if you feel you have failed, don’t give up!”
That’s what a Bible College Principal included in his address to the graduates many years ago.
To win a copy of in Jesus’ Name, tell us how you experience God in your daily life.
I experience God in my daily life, when I am acting in accordance with His will.
First of all there is the Bible
Secondly there is the working of the Holy Spirit in my hert.
Thirdly there are the outward circumstances.
When those three things are in harmony, I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of God.
“Behemoth” I am calling the huge thing. It entered the room I am working in not many days ago and looks monstrous. I am looking at it right now.
It replaced the old machine. The old machine was a really good product. I cannot even remember, when I bought it. All I know is that it was many many years ago. I really liked it and it was pleasant to look at. Or did I get used to it over the years? Even when the machine started to leak, it kept going. But eventually it happened, it died. It was a sad occasion, because I knew how to work it.
Slowly I am getting used to the “Behemoth.” The truth is that I like already the Brother printer HL – 3150CDN