“For he will command his angels
1. to guard you in all your ways;
2. they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
3. You will tread upon the
a. lion and the
4. you will trample the
a. great lion and the
‘Because he loves me,’ says the LORD, ‘I will rescue him.’”
“King Herod heard about this,
for Jesus’ name had become well known.
1. Some where saying,
‘John the Baptist has been raised from the dead, and that is why miraculous powers are at work in him.’
2. Others said,
‘He is Elijah.’
3. And still others claimed,
‘He is a prophet, like one of the prophets of long ago.’
But when Herod heard this, he said,
‘ John, the man I beheaded, has been raised from the dead!’”
“When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue,
and many who heard him were amazed.
1. ‘Where did this man get these things?’ the asked.
2. ‘What’s this wisdom that has been given him, that he even does miracles?
3. Isn’t this the carpenter?
4. Isn’t his Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon?
5. Aren’t his sisters here with us?’
And they took offence at him.”
“Then he told me, ‘Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book,
because the time is near.
1. Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong;
2. let him who who is vile continue to be vile;
3. let him who does right continue to do right, and
4. let him who is holy continue to be holy.’”
“Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under you care,
First Peter 5:2-4
serving as overseers -
1. not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be;
2. not greedy for money, but eager to serve;
3. not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples of the flock.
And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.”
Second Corinthians 13:11
1. Aim for perfection,
2. listen to my appeal,
3. be of one mind,
4. live in peace.
And the God of love and peace will be with you.”
who hope in the LORD
1. will renew their strength.
2. They will soar on wings like eagles;
4. they will run and not grow weary,
5. they will walk and not be faint.”
“When he [the Holy Spirit] comes,
he will convict the world of guilt in
regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:
1. in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me;
2. in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and
3. in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.”